How to use your laptop as a WiFi hotspot, you can tether the internet connection on laptop through WiFi.
Yes you heard it right. You can use your laptop or PC with internet connectivity to share the internet with up to 100 WiFi devices. There is no software download needed, no hectic procedures required just follow the simple steps to obtain this.This would be amazingly helpful in cases like if you want to access high speed internet on your mobile phone to update some app or to sync your contents. If you have a wired broadband connection or an wireless modem connection to your laptop or PC which is WiFi enabled you can convert your laptop or desktop PC to a WiFi hot spot and connect to internet through it. So in this way you can share your internet connection with your neighbors or use this trick to extend your WiFi connection by using this hosted network as a portable WiFi network to use your laptop as a WiFi repeater. You can make numerous applications out of this trick according to your needs.
This trick was shared here by Mr sahil agarwal. You can visit sahils facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/JustOneClickDownload
What you need to enable wifi tethering hotspot on your laptop or desktop pc.
- Laptop or desktop PC with WiFi connectivity which is connected to your computer.
- A little time, say 2 minutes or even lesser than that.
How to tether the internet connection on laptop or desktop pc.
- Open command prompt by typing cmd in run. To run command prompt you can create a short cut to command prompt and right click on command prompt icon and select run as administrator
- In command prompt type in the following code in the given format.
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=”any name” key=”anypassword”.
- Password must be at least have a length of eight characters.
- Now you have created and configure the hosted network for portable wifi hotspot tethering succesfully
- You will need some more commands to start and stop the hosted network. Which are given below.
- To start hosted network: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- To stop hosted network: netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
- To see hosted network password: netsh wlan show security
- To show all hosted network details: netsh wlan show hostednetwork
- start the hosted network using the command from above list. Once doing so your computer will start transmitting the ssid for your WiFi hotspot you just created, you can connect to this WiFi network using the password you just created. But still there wont be internet connection on that wifi network. For availing internet connection on your WiFi hotspot and to start tethering properly you will have to share the network connection on your PC or laptop with the new hosted network you just created. Just follow the steps to share your internet connection with the WiFi hotspot you just started.
To share the internet connection on to the WiFi hosted network.
- Right click on the connection icon on your right of the task bar and open the network and sharing center.
- After opening network sharing center, click on the change adapter settings
- In change adapter settings right click on the lan network or the network connection by which internet is connected to your pc or laptop. And then click properties.
- In the next window select the sharing tab and mark the first box and click OK.
- Now you can start using your WiFi hotspot with full internet connectivity. You can connect up to 100 devices to this network. You can share the internet on your pc with your neighbors using this WiFi hotspot tethering
If you have any problem creating this WiFi hotspot you can comment here. If you found this trick helpful do share it with your friends. keep visiting us for further updates on similar topics. thanks for reading us