thump drive, pen drive, usb mass storage, external hard disk, card reader not detecting.
are you facing with any of these problem, here is the solution if your thumb drive (pendrive) doesnt detect. its a usual problem that we all have experienced. some thing that their pendrive is dead. but here is a simple procedure to make your undetected pendrive detected. procedure is simple and the all tricks and tips provided here are free.
steps by step guide to troubleshoot undetected pen drive and make it detectable
- plug in the pen drive or your mass storage device
- go to device manager (you can access device manager easily by typing “devmgmt.msc” in the run)
- click on “Universal serial bus controllers”
- this will show all the storage devices that you have connected to your PC including your undetected pen drive
- right click on your undetected pen drive and click uninstall.
- remove your usb pen drive and restart your computer
- connect the pen drive again. in 99 percent of cases this can solve the undetecting problem. so think well before throwing out your pen drive saying its not detecting.
please thank in the comment or like us on face book if this helped you. any comments are appreciated, if you are seeking solution for some problem with pen drive please request in the comments.